August 5 2003
With the Dominoblog upgrade from last week, Steve's given us a view of google searches on the blog. Lotus topics are common, of course. Some of the others are pretty funny, though I don't have any sheep involved. For example:
- "bmi baby": Up until yesterday, I was actually the fourth link listed on google when searching for this airline. Their algorithm seems to have figured me out though, and I no longer appear in the top five pages.
- Searches related to Globe Trekker/Lonely Planet: Lots of searches for Ian Wright and Justine Shapiro and the show itself. I am a huge fan, folks, but I haven't written about it that often....also quite a few hits on the lists of things to do before you die.
- "Exchange 5.5 lifespan": It's dead Jim
- "Crack SharePoint Portal": no comment; related, "disadvantages of SharePoint Portal": it's from Microsoft, need any more?
- "Brill cream": Dear visitors, it is spelled brylcreem
- Couple of searches for the Hayashi restaurant in Highland Park; at least they are all finding its obituary, so I am saving them a phone call or trip to the now-shuttered building
- "How to say shit in French": haven't actually blogged that one, but it's merde
- "value of original publication of world fair album of world fair album of chicago of 1893"
- "barbecue gutted mouth apple"
- "downtime report in bakery"
- "hackers, flames, and spam in terms of their nature and how they appear to people within an ethical dimension": OK buddy, back away from the marijuana plant!
Years ago, I was the lead on a deal Lotus did with Lycos around Notes R5. I remember when we had lunch with the Lycos team, hearing about the searches they see on their site...so I guess this all pales in comparison.