September 14 2009
Lotus marketing has put together a letter that is being sent to Notes/Domino customers to highlight the benefits of deploying Notes/Domino 8.5...an excerpt:
If your company has not yet upgraded to IBM Lotus Notes and Domino 8.5 software, here are compelling reasons why it is the right time to upgrade now. IBM has announced two new pricing and financing offers to simplify your financial management by taking advantage of a predictable payment stream for ease of budgeting, while preserving cash for other high yield investments. Eligible customers can take advantage of one of the following new Lock in Savings with Lotus Software pricing offers:I think it's the right message at the right time. Financial benefits both in budget dollars and in cost dollars -- that is clearly an attention-getter. Now I'm asking marketing to add a reference to the Applicable TCO studies that show how much more cost-effective Notes/Domino is than the competition -- a trifecta of cost, expense, and value. Win.
* 15% discount off the entitled prices for new licenses of selected IBM Lotus® or IBM WebSphere® Portal offerings with financing as low as 0%
* 10% off the renewal price for two years of Software Subscription and Support, or 15% off the renewal price for three years of Software Subscription and Support
Dedicated to the success of your IBM Lotus and Domino upgrade, IBM Software Services for Lotus (ISSL) is ready to help you with an unparalleled combination of expert technical services and an innovative Notes upgrade offering. The upgrade offering is built on best practices to ensure your business harnesses the full extent of benefits. It includes:
* Lotus Notes and Domino 8.5 upgrade engagement
* IBM Software Accelerated Value program
* Multimedia Library for Lotus Notes 8.x
Consider some of the benefits delivered to you with Lotus Notes and Domino 8.5 software:
* Reduce your total cost of ownership by up to 30% with innovative features that minimize storage, memory, and I/O requirements and increase employee productivity. ...
* Potential savings of $300 USD per user from those using Microsoft Office software with the no-charge IBM Lotus Symphony office productivity tools.
* Leadership in Cloud Computing. IBM offers market leading off-premise (cloud) email and collaboration solutions that are delivered by secure and trusted IBM data centers.