August 14 2012
Today marks the announcement of our sixth major release of the IBM SmartCloud Notes service. The new release incorporates the following enhancements:
• Support for IMAP clients (supported clients include: Microsoft Outlook 2003 and 2007, Mozilla Thunderbird 9.0.1, Apple Mail 4 and 5)
• Additional mail management settings for precise control over the deletion of email messages
• In SmartCloud Notes web, support for Domino database Notes links
• Support for preventing auto-forwarding of email messages to external addresses
• Support for SmartCloud Notes ID password expiration
In addition to the enhancements to SmartCloud Notes, we are also expanding the value of IBM SmartCloud Engage Advanced by including IBM Notes Traveler for SmartCloud Notes as part of the base offering. This additional value enables customers to access SmartCloud Notes via Android, iOS, and other Traveler-supported device operating systems.
The new release was deployed about ten days ago, and in true SaaS fashion, the update happened behind-the-scenes with no impact on the customers using the SmartCloud Notes environment. We have also been doing fine-tuning on the service throughout the year, and will continue to do so with perhaps one more major update in 2012.
SmartCloud Notes continues to generate interest and business for us. We have recently opened up the capability for business partners to offer the entire process of selling and deploying SmartCloud Notes through a new certification program. Our first partner success happened a few weeks ago, and many more partners have expressed interest in the certification program. If you would like to find out more, be sure to let me know.